Thursday 28 February 2019

Paradox

Clothes that do no clothe,
Friends that make you feel alone
Bored with so much to do

Filled pockets, empty souls
Fake originals, true lies
How can we celebrate nature using radioactive metallic rectangles?

It's pretty sad and messed up
But I should know
Tears are shed only for attention sometimes

Don't point out at me
I weep in solitude
And so does my heart soar when I'm alone
Because no one knows happiness anymore

Social media that makes us unsocial
Bodies that tire doing nothing
Beautiful faces everywhere but rarely any beautiful souls

Every man in a suit,
But not one gentleman
Freedom in chains, selfish charity

Are these the days they hoped for us?
Out of prisons into new ones
Out of love into hate
"It's my life, I'll do what I want to", they say
And then return to carry on in bondage

Papers are fine, hands are cut
God is ridiculed but darkness is "cool"
Society is absurd I say
This paradox that has been accepted as "normal"

Originally Published in the Andrannual 2016-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment