Sunday 10 February 2019

An isolated place

Only today I realized how quiet this city could be. It was so quiet that it was almost scary. I'm totally not used to it.

Lonely streets and chilly winds blowing, I could only imagine the worst mayhem that could take place then and there. The chaos can be loud, but it lets me know that something is going on, if not nothing.

The trees offered me sufficient shade but I didn't take it. The people offered me enough mystery but I rejected it.

I really noticed the details, the passing crowds, the useless rickshaws that asked me if I needed them.... I didn't.

Why are things the way they are? Why does it seem there's always so much happening but not here and now?
Maybe they are happening but I'm busy being out of the reach of messagers who tell me everything but what I want to hear.

People can be disappointing. And some places bring out the memories of such difficult people.
But thankfully not all my memories of are bad and most are good to me.  

Like this place here, a place I've isolated for a long time.
Coming back here is like time travel. I still remember when you walked down this road and stood there beside me. I would like you to be here even now.
But wherever you are, the choice you've made or life made for you, I hope you're happy...no, happier.

Travel diary : Few days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment