Saturday 2 February 2019

Us v/s Them

Growing up into the education system, I've come across many teachers and professors who have encouraged me to ask, think and reason everything around me that demands that I act, feel or think in a certain way.

I'm so grateful to know how to ask questions and to have the patience required to seek out their answers.

People have lots of ulterior motives for why they want to change the opinions of others....it could benefit them in ways indirectly...it would comfort their fears, destroy their enemies' reputation, give them a more followers, get themselves fame and fortunes....just if people stay gullible, passive and agreeable to just about anything that covers itself as the truth. 

I have fallen prey to many of such lies as a child and probably still have many of those lies floating around in my sub-conscious mind even today. 

But at least now I have a secret weapon which is not so secret...The gift of the Holy Spirit. And due to this, I'm certain that if there's any lie I believe right now, God will pull me out of it into the Truth. 

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:13 (NKJV)

Believing lies about myself, my community and other communities for so many years have had its damages. And I don't want anyone going through that dark sad road. 
Every time I've accepted a lie as the truth, it has always left me confused and restless.

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (NKJV)

"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." John 8:36 (NJKV) 

A major pattern I've seen in such lies is that they try to divide people into an "Us verses Them". Sometimes, even "Me verses Myself".

It's so easy to build walls, barriers and limit the happiness of this human life. But it takes courage and a sheer amount of confidence in what's right to tear down those boundaries.
Manipulative people thrive over ignorant ones. And as long as you're willing to go with someone else's beliefs without testing their validity, you're only going to live someone else's idea of a good life.... Not the real good life that's destined for you. 
Only you can set yourself free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment