Sunday 2 June 2019

Star stuff

Everyone talks about the awe they're struck with when they look at the starry night sky. Everyone talks about how the stars tell of their future in this world. Everyone loves to make a wish at the shiny diamonds that passes across the dark blue covers.
We really love the stars, don't we? We like to stare into the great mystery and unknown the night sky showcases. Even though we're afraid of the darkness our own uncertain futures are. Maybe it too could be this beautiful.

Some like to be defined by these distant lights in the universe.... Oh so far away you are... How could you ever know how I'm like? How could we ever speak to break the ice between us. Outer space is a cold and unforgiving place I'm told.
Yet, it's still so pretty.

I can't be defined by these stars... The universe either. I'm free. I'm unpredictable. I'm way too complicated.
But you are wonderful. Yet, so am I.

People like to think that we're all made with star stuff. But I like to think stars are made of the dreams and wonder we were made with.....our beautiful mess...our beautiful complexities....us.
We are what gave stars so much meaning.... They were meaningless particles in space. Who cares about them the way we do?

I care about us. I care about the beautiful people here on earth... All of us that exist here. I care about all of us despite our complex nature. We are more valuable than stars. We are more important....we are unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment