Saturday 1 December 2018

My mind is a seashore



Thoughts...they sometimes clutter my mind a little too much. The reoccurring thoughts of worry keep resurfacing. So I force myself to not think about it. But it keeps coming up again in growing levels of annoyance. 
My mind is a seashore. I keep throwing these thoughts into the ocean...wanting to drown it. But again I see it on the shores...again and again. 
So I pick up the thought and see it...observe it clearly...without the waves of my emotion from distorting the truth about that thought. And so I see it and accept it for what it is. Suddenly, it vanishes. 
And I don't have to drown it no more.

There's still garbage thrown into the ocean of my brain. Comments and insults people have made about me over the years. Ideas and broken mirrors of who they want me to be....are the debris in this ocean. They keep being washed ashore. They are not who I am, no matter how they try to make me feel so. 

This rubbish being brought to the seashore, disturb me trying to make sandcastles. They don't let me enjoy the rocks, the sands, the company of the sea-snails and the soothing ocean waters of the undiscovered potential of my mind. 

I take out the trash, one by one. I hope for protection over my ocean. I extend my boundaries...I raise my standards of the people I allow in my mind. 

My mind is a seashore. And if you respect my ocean, you're welcome here. Soon it'll be clean and I will fully behold the majesty of all that it is....all that I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment