Monday 19 November 2018

Doodling during class


Life seldom goes by my plans. So? I doodle away. I doodle away, the class I thought would be interesting isn't and my friends are staring at the teacher with a blank expression wondering whether he even understands what he says. I'm looking at my notebook...I'm drawing. Classmates who are used to seeing me take notes throughout classes assume I'm doing the same thing. No, I'm not. I'm drawing of a world that only exists to me where no one could care less, where no one tries to stop me from dreaming.

I'm doodling, no rules and no end in mind. And somehow it still ends up into something that's pretty to look at. Isn't life too like that?
My friends finally notice I've been doodling and so they ask to see it...carefully they take my notebook and analyse the page. There's my usual class notes at the beginning and then the exact place where I drifted away into the smooth sailing oceans of a world without expectations.
- "It looks really good," She says, "and meanwhile I was paying attention to something I didn't understand."
- "Thanks." I say with a smile on my lips. I've got my thinking glasses on.
My friend looks at me and thinks to herself..."She's onto something."

No comments:

Post a Comment